Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pre-Trail Notions


Seeing as I'm leaving New York in less than a week, I figured it was about time to begin a trail blog (it seems to be quite a tradition). As per usual, it appears that I am waiting until the last possible moment to complete all the tasks on my "Ultimate Pre-AT To Do List". Fortunately, I am confident in my ability to thrive under the pressure of my ever-approaching start date.

For those curious:
Ultimate AT To Do List
1. Create a tentative sleeping/hiking schedule
2. Plan resupply points and mail drops (addresses, costs, dates)
3. Separate food and supplies for each resupply box (create a rough estimate of calories)
4. Finish buying gear (test, weigh and learn how to pack efficiently)
5. Learn how to operate and understand all gear (headlamp, water filter, stove, etc)
6. Final doctor appointments, figure out prescriptions
7. Start a blog (wooo!)
8. Update phone with: pictures, addresses, important info, e-books, etc
9. Download music, update mp3 player
10. Establish some-sort of budget for the trail.
11. At least pretend to be physically training
12. Last-minute socializing

So here's to all my fellow procrastinators out there! May my last minute scrambling provide me with a frenzied excitement that I will sustain for the next 6 months of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment